Chairs...again
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 | Author: Jo Goodwin
Cutely Chair by Osian Batyka WilliamsMy pearl of "wisdom" for today:

"A slick website without useful content is like a designer chair, that cannot be sat upon. It won’t be used"

Of course this is unless the site is based around a social media tool, which some what puts a spanner in the works...I suppose that's still content though; it's just user generated. Then again...what about interactive addictive gamey type stuff....arrggh my head. Time for a re-think...

...some time later...after some thought:


"A slick website without useful content is like a designer chair, that cannot be sat upon. It won’t be used" (terms and conditions apply)

Maybe we should be asking content is still king when we have social media? Is UGC still content or is it a conversation? At the moment, I'm thinking conversation but, if I'm honest, I'm yet to apply any real thought to this....nope I'm already swaying back to content. What a conundrum.

P.s. I should say that apparently the above chair is apparently functional....it just doesn't look it. So that's my theory completely blown out of the water.
Find more info about chair designer Osian Batyka-Williams, here.
, , | | + Share
This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: