Half way there
Monday, January 12, 2009 | Author: Jo Goodwin
Ok, I've finally logged back into my account after some time away. Since I last wrote, lots has happened! I'm well on my way to getting into Digital Marketing.

For nearly a year, I have worked as a Digital Project Manager. This has been nothing less than a rollercoaster of emotion! Never the less it has been interesting, fun, revived my interest in the web and given me the chance to work with some huge household names.

At the agency I've been employed at the PM (Project Management) role includes both managing time/budget and writing wireframes/IA - quite unusual, I think?

I've now decided that my heart is in getting a website right for the client and meeting their customer needs rather then just getting it out on time /budget. In essence I'm not a pure Project Manager - in fact my heart is in taking offline marketing principles to the web and making them work online. Therefore I want to concentrate on being an expert in this field.

What I'm slowly getting to is, I've change role again. In one months time I'll be a Strategic Consultant for a NMA top 100, London based agency.

In my new job, I'll be working more closely with clients to make websites that really do combine marketing knowledge, audience needs and business needs to make websites that work. The company work with focus groups, truly investigate audiences and user journeys. It's all stuff that you dream an agency will do when you are sat in lectures at University.

I feel pretty bad for leaving my current company, after all they gave me the chance to cut my teeth. At the end of the day, the reason I love the web is the speed at which it moves on and I need to be moving with it. I feel, I have made a at least a small mark in my current company. A senior PM at the company thanked me for inspiring her about the web again text me this "I've been stagnating for years with my career as a PM and this is the first time I've been motivated to raise my game & learn latest about the industry". That makes me feel proud.

I really hope I have made the right decision. I love working where I do now but I need to strive to take my career in the direction I want it to go in. Reading my first post written on here just under a year ago, I'm fairly pleased with my process so far - let's hope I've made the right move and I can continue to develop my skills.

My New Years Resolution - to write more on this blog!
, | | + Share
This entry was posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: